SurfYogaBeer Fitness Adventure
SANDBOARD | SURF | MEDINA
• June 23 – 30 (8 DAYS) •
• $2,400 Single Person (Deposit + $1900) •
• $3,000 Private Room (Deposit + $2500) •
• $4,000 Private Room (For Two People) (Deposit + $3,500) •
Welcome to the gateway to Africa! Spend eight days exploring the enchanting land of Morocco with a group of like-minded explorers. This unique adventure aims to be your introduction to the diverse and expansive country of Morocco. We will adventure through Morocco’s exotic cities and introduce you to the most diverse and exhilarating environments. This country has everything to offer, from Saharan dunes to high mountain peaks and sprawling forested hills to rugged coastlines; it’s as if Morocco was tailor-made for an SYB adventure.
Imagine this: we fly into the City of Casablanca to explore its offerings and of course stop for lunch at Rick’s Cafe before hopping on a quick flight to the city of Ouarzazate. Nicknamed “the door of the desert,” Ouarzazate is our starting point to our Sahara excursion that will included guided tours of the desert, camel rides in the dunes of Chegaga, and some of the greatest desert activities like sleeping in the best Erg Chigaga desert camp, sand boarding, and Berber music around the fire under the stars. You will enjoy epic sunrises from the back of a camel followed by yoga in the dunes.
And of course, we couldn’t end our Morocco journey without including a stop in the bustling city of Marrakech. Dubbed “the greatest spectacle on earth” and the “loveliest spot in the world,” Marrakech is a feast for the senses and offers an endless mosaic of marketplaces, musicians, and delectable foods. Basically, it’s a cultural paradise and just a short drive to the city of Essaouira, where we will end our journey by reflecting on the experience by the beauty of the sandy bay. Here’s looking at you, kid!
We recommend flying from JFK New York on the 9pm flight. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
Meet at CMN airport in Casablanca at 1pm. We’ll get to know each other and take an amazing tour of Casablanca and have lunch at Rick’s Cafe. 10:40pm – 11:50pm: Royal Air Moroc Flight AT 447 from CMN to ERH Accommodations: Hotel Kenzi Rissani
Evening: Sunset camel rides, live berber music and group dinner
Get ready to an SYB morning to it’s fullest. We begin with wake up calls, more on this later, go straight into morning workouts and a hearty breakfast. In the afternoon, we’ll complete our journey to the Sahara desert and get settled into our luxurious private desert camp! In the evening we’re taking a sunset camel tour through the dunes, listen to berber music around a camp fire and enjoy a sky full of stars in the middle of the Sahara Desert.
Wake up at dawn and ride camels into the heart of the desert to experience the spectacular sunrise before returning to your tent for breakfast. Enjoy some hiking, sand boarding, meditation and yoga in the dunes.
We’re hoping onto the 8:45 am flight from ERH —> CMN —> AGA (arrive at 12:20pm) Once we check into our villas at Sol House Taghazout Bay we get our first sunset surf lesson!
A day full morning workouts, yoga, surfing, beer! Experience the SYB lifestyle at its best! Later we’ll explore the local area and see what Moroccan surf culture is all about!
After our morning workout and breakfast we’ll drive from Agadir to Riad Star in Marrakech. Here we have a tour of the medina and see the best of Morocco’s nightlife!
Spend the day exploring Marrakech, which Churchill described to Roosevelt in 1943 as “the loveliest spot in the world.”
Marrakech is a feast for the senses. Be enticed by the alluring scents and brilliant colors of the spice markets, the sounds of the musicians, the rich folds of carpets, delectable foods, acrobats and perfumed gardens. Explore the endless mosaic of souks, each devoted to a separate trade: pottery, woodwork, copper, leather, carpets and spices
Our workouts will be afternoon based, followed by the most beautiful and spiritual sunset yoga practice and an inner connection workshop.
We finish this last night with a bon fire, our SYB awards ceremony and lot’s of fun surpises throughout the night!
Everyone will be checking out at 10am, some earlier some later. We will have an SYB bus taking people to the Marrakech airport. Until next time… or until we throw our next party because this friendship just started!
- Luxury accommodations (sand dunes, medina riad, beach front)
- Desert meditation and yoga
- Camel tours in the Sahara
- Sand boarding in the Sahara
- Sahara desert ATV tour
- Surf lessons in Agadir
- Walking tours of Marrakech and Casablanca
- Explore the Souks of Marrakech
- Seven nights of luxurious accommodations in Errachidia, Merzouga (desert), Agadir and Marrakech
- All (domestic) transportation in the itinerary: includes ground transfers as well as two domestic flights
- All fitness programming (includes beach bootcamps, yoga sessions and surf lessons)
- A majority of meals (7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners)
- SYB Welcome package (including SYB swag as well as giveaways from our sponsors)
- Services of SYB Adventure Leaders
- Personal photographer + videographer
- International Flights
- Alcoholic beverages during meals
- Personal expenses
We’re staying at a total of four different locations. The first night is _________, then we’ll be at the desert luxury camps, then at a surf hotel in Agadir, and finally in Marrakech in the old medina center in an old fashion but luxurious Riad!
- This trip has one night of “glamping” without access to wifi and certain hotel amanities but we promise you won’t feel like you’re missing anything, it’s one of the trip’s highlights
- This trip has some in-country domestic travel as we make our way across Marocco. We’ve tried to find a good balance between experiencing as much of Morocco as possible and have booked flight blocks for two domestic flights to ease drive times but there are still a few kinda long drives.
Yes, in fact that is recomended. We’d love you to be whoever you want on this adventure and bringing a friend could also bring old habits.
But we understand it is intimidating and hard because you feel like you don’t know anyone… trust us, this is the way to go!
Unlike most of our adventures, we don’t start and end in the same place.
- Book your flight to arrive into Casablanca (CMN) on the morning of June 23rd (we’ll meet up at noon at the airport) and leave from Marrakech on the 30th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got any questions about flights.
- Deposit: Your $500 deposit is used to secure your spot and goes toward your full payment. Your deposit is non-refundable or transferable.
- The remaining balance is divided into three additional payments with the full payment due 30 days prior to the adventure’s start date.
- Trip credit (less deposit) may be transferred towards a future trip (within 12 months) up to 30 days prior to the start of the trip.
- Please note that there are absolutely no refunds or deposit transfers for cancellations within 30 days of the trip. We strongly encourage all participants to purchase trip insurance just to be safe.
We’re going to be traveling across Morocco and staying at some really cool places!
- We’ll spend one night at a fairly basic “crash pad” in Errachidia on our way to the desert
- Then, we spend the next two nights “glamping” in the Sahara desert
- Followed by two nights where we’ve rented several villas at a surf hotel
- The trip ends in Marrakech where we’ve rented out an incredible Moroccon Riad (traditional Moroccon palace)
We’ll be doing some adventures throughout this trip that require a bit of self awareness of the surrounding area. We encourage the buddy system and we keep an eye out for you but you’re an adult and need to take of yourself.
Also it’s hot… You’re in the desert in Africa.. Get the proper gear, and protection!
We’ve got some pretty incredible Moroccan food experiences planned for you.
We’ll assign you to a room and roomate according to your pretrip form. Please let us know if there are any special requests.