Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board
Planks are an ideal exercise for the abdominal muscles exactly because they engage all major core muscle groups.
- Transverse abdominis: increased ability to lift heavier weights.
- Rectus adbominis: improved sports performance, particularly with jumping. This muscle group is also responsible for giving you the renowned six-pack look.
- Oblique muscles: improved capacity for stable side-bending and waist-twisting
- Glutes: a supported back and a strong, shapely booty.
- The picture above is a hand placement variation to strengthen your triceps/wrists differently
Katie’s Summer BootCamp Challenge:
Day 1: 40 sec plank
Day 2: 50 second plank
Day 3: 60 sec plank
Work your way up all month until you get to five minutes and watch your entire body transform.